Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gearing Up for Grace Hopper

This year's Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing is just around the corner, and I'm super excited to head down to Atlanta tomorrow to soak it all in once again! We have five CU-WISE members attending this time from a range of backgrounds, including engineering, computer science, and even math. We'll all be blogging here or on our personal blogs, so keep your eye out for our reports on the fun stuff we do in Atlanta and the informative and inspirational sessions we attend at the conference.

There are a couple of posts from my blog that I want to share. First, I wrote up my list of things I do to get ready for a conference. I did this with Grace Hopper in mind, but if you're thinking of heading to any conference soon, you should find it useful.

Second, I wrote about my personal networking goals:
A great way to gear up for the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing is to decide what your goals are for when you get there. This year, for the first time, I actually have some specific types of people I want to meet, so this is what I'm going to focus on.
It's really important to figure out what you want to get out of a conference like Grace Hopper before leaving, because it's a whirlwind of activity once you get there. There's little time for figuring these things out on the fly.

In addition to CU-WISE bloggers, you can enjoy Grace Hopper from afar via the official community blog feed (check back often though, since only the most recent posts show up!), and find out about many sessions on the notes wiki.

0 comments: