Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Carleton Computer Science: having an impact on the world of CS research

Carleton University ranked in the top 5 universities in Canada for computer science research!

The universities were ranked based upon the average number citations per paper (a reasonable estimate of how much impact research has on the world) from 2003-2007.

Carleton's long been plagued with poor academic reputation, and it's nice to see that when you measure based on impact rather than what people think, we're right up there in the big leagues. And if you'll allow me to indulge in tooting my own horn, I'll mention here that my first paper (published in 2003 at Carleton) garnered 30 citations according to Google Scholar. That's well above the school average! Probably not all of those counted for their study, but I'm proud to say I'm helping!

Congratulations to our computer science researchers!

0 comments: