Why do women leave industry?
What can women do?
- extreme job pressure and they feel isolated, lacking mentors and so on
- culture not women-friendly and they are still experiencing sexual harassment
- compensation and they feel their careers are stalled by mid-career
- work in a company with >= 10% women in management positions
- get mentors, sponsors (who make your accomplishments known), role models, and figure out your career paths
- work in a company with more flexible career track timing, on-ramps, etc.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
The following is a short snippet on a post I wrote on the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing blog. Check it out!